The Union Public Service Commission conducts examinations at the national level to recruit talented aspirants for officer level posts. These posts are for the class 1 posts in the public sector. The Engineering Services Exam is named the IES or ESE exams. They screen out people for power, railways, defence, telecommunications etc. Selection to these posts is based on the candidates’ candidates’ subject specialisations and additional qualifications.
The IES exam is one of the most dignified jobs for engineering graduates conducted at an All India Level. Cracking this exam is a big feat in itself.
Who Conducts the IES exam?
The IES exam is an all-India exam for engineers conducted by the UPSC. The Engineering Services Exam is a top-level examination for selecting the assistant engineer posts, a highly regarded and competitive position. The exams are three-level examinations consisting of prelims, mains and interviews. You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to know more about the syllabus, marking scheme, list of subjects and more! It is one of the best sites that provides you with all the information that you need for the exam along with the preparation.
The prelims stage screens out and shortlists candidates based on the number of vacancies. The exam is an objective one that checks the student’s subject knowledge and objective approach to select answers. The second stage is the main level, where the examination is descriptive. Content knowledge and language competency play a key role in cracking it. The third phase is a personal interview. Based on the scores obtained in these levels, the rank lists will be prepared, and shortlisted candidates will be posted to various posts across the country.
How to fill out the application form for it?
Be sure to have all the proofs, recent photographs, and signatures scanned properly and according to the instructions before filling out the application.
- Download the official notification and read it before applying.
- Any Indian citizen can fill out the form. Other neighbouring nationalities need to possess eligibility of nativity certificate before applying for the post.
- The candidates should have completed 21 years of age at the time of application and should not exceed the age of 30 at the time of applying.
- The aspirants can fill out the form from the official website of the UPSC. The applications could be completed in the online mode.
- The candidates need to fill out their personal and educational details in the applications.
- The candidates should upload proof of their educational qualifications.
- The candidates have to obtain their photographs and signatures according to the guidelines given in the official notification. Ensure to fill out your reservation details and keep proofs for the same.
- The application fee could be paid online or offline by generating a challan. This varies depending on your category.
- After the process is completed, you will have to use your password and registration number to log in for the further process.
- The application printout could be taken and stored for future use.
The IES exam is highly competitive and desired for all engineering candidates. There are lakhs of engineers passing out every year and giving their best for this exam. So based on the level and standard of the exam, one should prepare well before facing this exam. The exam is not a tough piece of cake. Planning effectively, covering the syllabus, and practising mocks can help candidates ace their performances. Those willing to follow the pattern and be consistent in their practice can crack the exam easily. All that is required is to dedicate and be focused on learning.
BYJU’S Exam Prep is an online learning app for students and aspirants to prepare for various examinations. It provides live, pre-recorded or video lessons based on the exam and requirements of its students. From school level to UPSC preparation, BYJU’S Exam Prep helps students prepare and give their best attempts. Its courses are strictly syllabus-oriented and have mock test facilities. BYJU’S Exam Prep helps to make your preparations easier.