Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-8 THC) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in high concentrations in hemp and industrial hemp products. For example, it’s responsible for the distinctive aroma of hempseed oil. Its pungent smell and unique taste make it an important focus of the legal cannabis market niche. No one knows for certain, but some scientists believe that it originates from cross-breeding with other types of cannabinoids. Others suggest that it contains two different chemical compounds, delta-8 and delta-9 THCs. Although hemp produces THC naturally at low levels, due to the dalhite process, which uses ultraviolet light to purify the plant and remove other contaminants, most dalhite plants also have high levels of delta 8 thc as well.
What is Delta-8 THC?
Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol is a cannabinoid produced by certain strains of hemp that has a pungent aroma and distinctive taste. It’s the main component of hempseed oil, which is used to make hemp-based foods and oils, such as hemp milk and hemp seed oil. Its scent and flavor make it an important focus of the legal cannabis market niche. Delta-8 THC is often confused with CBN, which is not a cannabinoid. Instead, CBN is a terpene that sometimes occurs as a byproduct of cannabinoid production.
Delta-8 THC is present in high concentrations in hemp and industrial hemp products, such as hemp seed oil and hemp protein powders. It’s the main component of hempseed oil, which is used to make hemp-based foods and oils, such as hemp milk and hemp seed oil.
Limitations of Delta-8 THC
– Side Effects of Delta-8 THC: Because delta-8 THC is a non-psychoactive compound, it doesn’t produce the “high” that other cannabinoids do. Because of this, it doesn’t produce the same kinds of side effects for most people. However, side effects that do occur are similar to those of other cannabinoids, including drowsiness, dizziness, and dry mouth. To reduce side effects, it’s recommended to start with smaller doses. It’s also important to consume delta-8 THC with a meal because it could reduce the side effects of the compound.
What Does Delta-8 THC Feel Like, and How Can You Experience it?
Delta-8 THC is a pungent compound that’s responsible for the smell and taste of hemp seed oil. When consumed, it produces a strong, but not unpleasant aroma and taste. People often describe the smell of delta-8 THC as “herbal” or “cumin-like.” The effects of delta-8 THC are similar to those of other cannabinoids, but they’re milder. They include heightened senses of taste, smell, and touch. They also cause relaxation and mild euphoria. You can consume delta-8 THC by consuming hemp food products. You can also consume hemp oil. Hemp oil is widely and cheaply available on the market from many different suppliers.
Health Benefits of Delta-8 THC
– Therapeutic Effects of Delta-8 THC: Delta-8 THC is commonly used to treat conditions such as joint pain, menstrual cramps, and anxiety. It may also help treat issues related to stress, such as low mood and depression.
– Promotes Mindfulness: Studies have found that delta-8 THC can help promote mindfulness, which could help reduce stress and improve mental health. – Promotes Healthy Gums: Delta-8 THC may promote healthy gum health by reducing inflammation.
– Anti-Anxiety Effects: The anti-anxiety effects of delta-8 THC could make it ideal for treating conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and related anxiety. It may also be an effective treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and social anxiety.
– Anti-Depression Effects: Delta-8 THC may be an effective treatment for depression because it could promote feelings of well-being.